Monday, February 23, 2009

There is No One Like Our God

Yesterday evening we went to a church in our town that we had been wanting to visit since we moved here. I don't know why we put it off... It's a Spanish-speaking fellowship. I think Abe was concerned that I wouldn't get much out of it or something... I barely know enough Spanish to get by in a Christian setting. I don't do well with it out and around town, but I know "church Spanish" I guess! Ha ha.

It was a wonderful service. The teaching was about love. Can't get enough of that, huh?! The Lord totally ministered to my heart. Limited Spanish abilities and all, and the worship time was so special. It's been a long time since I've worshiped the Lord by singing in Spanish. They played a translation of a new English song I listen to online sometimes, and a couple older songs that I knew. It was great!

Tonight I got on youtube and looked up a couple of Spanish worship songs that I like and remember. Here's one of them. It's really awesome to see all these people gathered for (what I would call) a worship concert. (Is that what they call it, cause that's sure what it looks like!) Notice about half way through the people with the "Jesus" banner. Awesome!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent video. I could only understand little pieces of the lyrics. But seeing the crowd made me think of how we will be in heaven all worshiping God. I'm thinking that we will get to use our heart language but we will all understand each other!

Kathryn said...

I was thinking about worshiping the Lord in heaven. No distractions, absolute focus, all of us together.. How beautiful! Makes me so excited for that day!

Poiema said...

It sounds like the Lord fed you in this place. Love is truly the language that we all understand.