Saturday, September 15, 2007

She loves her baby


Tonight, after putting my daughter to bed, I heard her crying and saying "I want baby, I want baby..." This is unusual, so I went to check on her. I asked, "What do you want?" and she said "I want Coa (that's how she says his name)." So, of course I attempted to reason with my toddler, "It's night, night. You need to lay down and go to sleep." To which she replied in near-hystarics "I want baby!" So, nervously, I got her out of her crib (fearing that with this one move I was throwing off our entire nighttime routine). I rocked her for a minute, and she calmed down, then took her out to the living room where 'her baby' was playing; when she saw him she smiled and through a sob exclaimed, "Hi, Baby!"

She immediately asked to hold him, so I sat her down on the couch and she held him for about half an hour, cuddling, talking to him, and kissing him over and over. Of course I pulled our the camera. I got lots of great pictures. Then I scooped her up and took her back to her bed. Minutes later she was in dreamland. Don't we all just need a baby fix sometimes?

1 comment:

Kim C. said...

Maybe she had a bad dream about the baby and needed the reassurance of seeing and holding him?
Isn't it sweet how attached children are to each other? It makes me want a dozen more when I see them playing sweetly and affectionately!