Sunday, February 24, 2008

I'm Back

I've been hiding out a little, thinking a little, playing with the kiddos a little... I've been thinking about why I'm blogging and how I want to blog. Here it is:

Honesty. Openness. Reality. 

I want to be real. It's hard for me.

I know that may sound silly.  But really, it is hard for me to just be myself sometimes...but I'm kind of done with that. What do I have to be ashamed of? I know my Lord created me. I know He is at work in me. He knows me and loves me. Whom shall I fear

I get so hung up on how others perceive me. I seem to go 'round and 'round with this. I think I'm over it then I'm right back where I started. Frustrating. I'm giving it to the Lord. Committing it to the Lord, and we'll see where He takes me.

"And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified." 1 Corinthians 2

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, I'm glad you decided to come back. I love reading your blog.
I guess we all struggle with how much of ourselves we will reveal and where we will reveal it. I know I do. It seems that blogs offer a unique chance for me to listen carefully to what someone else is "saying" instead of distracting myself with thinking about how I am coming across. Getting outside myself. It is so freeing.

I just watched the video of the lady meeting her sponsored child in Uganda. That alone would have been enough to make my whole day!

Thanks Vive! You are loved! God is very pleased with you.