Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Lord Speaks to Me

This is what the Lord has been ministering to me the last few days and weeks:

This is the life He has given me. These are the kids, this is the husband, these are the friends. I could go on. This is the apartment, this is the paycheck...

I should not be seeking what others are accomplishing. I am not called to their calling.

As I've read a couple of blogs recently the Lord has shown me more clearly where I can grow. I am thankful when the Lord confirms what He is speaking. I am so grateful there are wise women around me teaching me "to love [my husband] and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to [my own husband]" (Titus 2:4-5) I am so, so thankful.

When I pressure myself every day to do something good for the Lord- instead of enjoying the Lord as He accomplishes His will in my life, I am wrong. My focus is off. I'm missing the point. But I know He is faithful. I am learning.

"Being confident of this very thing, that he, who hath begun a good work in you, will complete it unto the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Don't we serve a wonderful God?!

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." Matt. 6:33

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post, I really agree with you!
I am sorry to hear about your mom and chemo, will pray for healing for her and recovery. I know it is tough.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Blessings