Sunday, December 2, 2007

The Wallpaper

U-G-L-Y !!

I did not like the wall paper that was in my new apartment's bathroom when moved in. I pretty much hated it, which I realize is quite a strong feeling to have towards wallpaper. I think it was just a case of the straw that broke the camel's back. I had so much going on: moving with two little ones, missing friends, just getting back from vacation, and just surviving daily life in a new place (with two little ones!), not to mention my mom being diagnosed with breast cancer and figuring how and when I was going back to OR. I was feeling a little overwhelmed and ugly wall paper was something I just could not handle.

So, I'd post a picture if I had one, but I'm glad I don't since thinking wallpaper is ugly is pretty subjective and I wouldn't want to offend anyone. Anyway, we had the nicest maintenance man come take the wallpaper down and re-texture the walls. I learned something, too. He said he usually puts a pie tin of vinegar in the room to help with the paint fume-y smell. Well, I had heard putting a half an onion in the room would absorb to fumes and paint smell. I did that. It turned out pretty funny, actually; our bathroom smelled soooo strongly of onion, but not paint, so I guess it was a success...

No comments: