Friday, April 11, 2008

Gardening

We are starting a small garden tomorrow. We had put it off, unsure if we were really ready to do it this year. Well, we are actually starting it and I'm going to give it my best shot. I hope we aren't too late...

We are doing a container garden. We have a few rubbermaid bins we are recycling. I've watched some clips on youtube about container gardens and I think I have a pretty good idea about what we are doing... or I might have no idea at all what I'm signing up for... this is our first garden other than a strawberry pot with a tomato plant in there that never grew...

So, here's the plan.

We'll plant tomato plants that are already started, but other than that we've chosen organic seeds for green beans, peas, lettuce, peppers, jalapenos, onion, zucchini, yellow squash, and carrots. I think I'm most excited about the beans and peas.

I'll have to take pictures tomorrow so you can see all the fun we're having. Yay for home grown produce!

No comments: