Saturday, April 12, 2008

Granola

I made granola today. I had been wanting to for a while, it was a perfect little project for my girlie and I this evening.

Here is the recipe we were inspired by.

Here is what we did: ingredients in black, directions in purple.

3 cups oats (we used old fashioned oatmeal)
Microwave them for 2 minutes stirring once.
Just under 1 cup of crunched up, bottom of the bag, bran flakes (cereal that I didn't think was ever going to get used)
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2+ cup raisins
Mix these in with the oats after they have been microwaved.
1/2 cup oil
1/2 - 3/4 cup brown sugar
1 T Molasses
2 T Maple Syrup
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Mix these together then combine with dry mixture
Stir until well combined
Microwave for 5 minutes(or until golden, stirring every minute 
Cool on wax paper (I pressed it together so cooled in one big bar then I broke it up.)
I thought it was at great first attempt at granola. I'd like to put more seeds in next time.
The kids loved it, too. Coa was the inspiration for omitting the honey. I thought it worked out nicely.

No comments: