Monday, October 13, 2008

Updates...

I plan to be back to blogging, but after such a long time I suppose it is reasonable to start with some updates.

Our computer died.

We thought it wouldn't be too difficult to replace the hard drive and have our Five-Year-Old Mac laptop back up and running, but nothing technological ever seems to be as easy as we think it should be. Maybe it's just us... We ended up buying my sister's old laptop from her, and it's serving it's purpose. We are very thankful to have it. It's nice to be able to get online and check e-mails (especially for Abe's work) or just keep up with people.

While the computer was down I wrote some letters (a very nice practice that I'll try not to neglect again) and we had Cable TV. Let me just say this about cable: Never. Again.

We've never had any more TV than we could pick up with a little antenna. What a huge time waster! I found myself having it on way too often and staying up way too late just watching nothing... I think the only semi-useful thing that came from the 2 months of TV was I couple probably tile a fireplace or kitchen "backsplash". (I really liked all those Do-it-yourself shows...)

In our new little town (we're in a valley) we get one channel without cable. It's channel 40. It's in Spanish. It's Telenovelas all day every day. I keep the TV off now and am still surprised at how much time I really was wasting. Like I said: Never. Again.

We found a church about 45 minutes from us. It's called Maranatha Baptist. It's an Independent Baptist church. We're really thankful for it. It's a different "style" (I guess you'd say) of church than we've attended before, but it's good to fellowship with believer's and they really have a heart for sharing the gospel, which is refreshing.

We've also started a home bible study on Tuesday evening. It's been going well. Abe's been teaching through Genesis. We are both really enjoying it and have started building relationships and making friends in our town (Which I've found kind of hard to do in such a little place. Small towns are different.) Genesis has been exciting. The Lord has showed me things that I guess I had just skimmed over before. Mostly I'm in awe of the Love and Mercy the Father has for us! Amazing. From the very beginning I see God reaching out to people with so much love. I'm in awe! Thank you, Lord for loving me.

Also, I had a birthday. I got my car flooded. I know, weird thing to get for a birthday, but thank you Lord. He does work all things together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28)... I know the Lord was able to use even that to help me keep my attitude in check and get some perspective... 'nuf about that for now.

Oh, and I don't know if I've mentioned this to you (who might be reading), I'm due December 29th. If baby number 3 is born "on time" we will have a 2006, 2007, and a 2008 baby. Crazy...in a good way.

3 comments:

Poiema said...

It's wonderful to receive your update! I think of you guys often. So glad to hear that you found a church and are teaching a home Bible study. You must be busy with the little ones. I hope you get a chance to rest a little in the afternoons~~ I can relate to having the kids in quick succession! But what gifts they are.

Send us some pictures when you can. We love you and you aren't forgotten!

Anonymous said...

I never seem to be able to log on well when I want to do it, so I am often the anon poster or the silent reader. I was glad to read an update. Congrats on the new little one and praise the Lord for His leadings in your life and in our new home!
Sharon

Anonymous said...

oops..should have read "your new home"
Sharon