Thursday, November 20, 2008

My biggest crochet project ever... Coming soon!

I've been working on a child size afghan for Theona. It's probably going to be a Christmas present (as she keeps asking if I'm making it for her for Christmas. ha ha). The pattern has several stitches that were new to me when I started, but I think my crochet skills have improved a lot since beginning this project. Also, this pattern calls for like, 47 ounces of yarn. The yarn I'm using comes 5 ounces to a skein, good thing I got it on sale!

In other crafty news, I tried to knit a baby hat "in the round". I pretty much failed miserably! I think I need a different size of knitting needles with a shorter chord between them. I'd like to make some to donate to the hospital in my town, and in McAllen. When Theona was born she got a special hand knit baby hat, not just the little blue and pink striped standard. I thought it was sooo special! I'll let you know if/when I attempt this again. Especially if I'm successful!

In the meantime, I'll be finishing up my Theona blanket, the "BIG" one, the 47 ouncer... haha. 
I know you're on pins and needles just waiting for pictures.  Hopefully soon, I need Abe's help for that... I miss my trusty ol' simple Mac!

No comments: