Tuesday, January 8, 2008

It's Cold

It's pretty cold here today, which would make sense, since it's not even the middle of January. You would be a little bummed, to, though if you had experienced the last few beautiful days.

It had been so warm I haven't even worn a jacket or sweatshirt since Friday. It was pretty funny, actually. Saturday morning, when we were finally up and out, and I had bundled the girlie with her heaviest jacket and a hat and put the baby's car seat cover on for an extra layer and had my own jacket and scarf on, there was a warm breeze! I was surprised and immediately started ripping layers off the kids attracting even more attention to our silliness I'm sure.

The next day was warm, and the next! I could hardly believe we were having such weather in January! I was really happy to wear my flip-flops out this weekend. By yesterday evening the house had warmed up so much, we had to open a couple windows to get a cross breeze going.

I saw on the news last night there were storms in part of our state, though. I guess strange, warm weather doesn't come alone.

So it's cooled down quite a bit today, and I had to turn the heater back on. I'm such a summer girl. I'd rather be hot than cold any day. I guess I'll have to wait a few more months for the weather to really warm up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the days of flip flops!! I can hardly wait. You know I'm a snow person. But I love my flip flops!!

Anonymous said...

Last night on the news they were sharing how NICE it would be this morning (it's 11) and how far above normal we are. It's going to be 28 today, and feels like a heat wave.

Why, oh why, didn't Jesus call us to Hawaii? :)