Sunday, January 6, 2008

Musical Family

I miss hearing Abe play guitar as much as he used to. Since we moved, it seems it had been somewhat set aside. We've been playing a lot more this last week. I even got my guitar out and we "jammed" together. We hadn't taken the chance to do that since we moved, even before our vacation actually, and boy, did we miss it.

I'm so thankful for my musical husband. We were just talking the other day about finding a little coffee house with an Open Mic Night like we used to do in Bible College. It's a great way to squeeze in a little more outreach into our daily lives. I just don't know how we could work it out with the kids... I guess for now "Open Mic Night" is just gonna have to take place it our living room. We'll see. I'll have to brainstorm on that.

But it's ok. We are a family, we really like to be together. We love music, and our babies have surprisingly good rhythm. No seriously, they do. They clap and pound stuff and shake maracas. The girlie could probably start learning a little piano soon. I know her Papa will love teaching her. I bet the kids will really enjoy playing instruments when they're a little older. Maybe we could be a little traveling-musical-band family. Worst case scenario, one of them may just end up a metronome.

No comments: