Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Works for me Wednesday!-Waking up happy.

Yay! Works for me Wednesday is back. I really want to participate regularly this year. Now, what do I have to contribute?

Well, around here, sometimes it's hard to wake up. We've tried lots different things to help the girlie wake up with out crying. Getting up with a fun activity like coloring or a walk outside, playing with favorite toys or watching a special show and snuggling, nothing works very well. Many times lately she'll wake up happier if she's slept loooong enough, but still she ends up grumpy, sad, or both quite a lot.

The one thing that really helps her settle is praying. We pray together, and ask the Lord to help us have joyful attitudes, and sure enough He provides.

We still try special things like coloring or walks to greet her from her nap, but we've learned that our afternoons go better with prayer, just like the mornings.

We urge you, brethren, admonish the unruly, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with everyone.
See that no one repays another with evil for evil, but always seek after that which is good for one another and for all people. Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:10:14-18

Prayer always Works for Me!

3 comments:

Amy said...

What a great way to wake up! We are the same here in our house; the afternoon nap always makes my 2 1/2 year old very cranky. My trick is to let him lay in bed and wake himself good before I go in and get him.

Julia said...

Yeah, um, to be on the safe side, maybe you could delete my address once you've got it. I have had it up on our blog before with no bad results though, so I'm not too worried.

Laura said...

I really appreciate that you are using prayer to help calm your crying child! What a great tool you are teaching your her. As she grows, each time she feels sad, she will automatically turn to prayer because that is what you are training her to do. Thank you for the encouragement!